Well, there are quite a number of baked lump crab cake recipes doing rounds on the internet; however, if you want to make a baked lump crab that will wow your family and loved ones and get you those coveted reviews then you have to know how to do it the right way. The following recipe has never failed to fetch me praises from my visitors, be sure to follow the instructions to the latter for the best results.
Half a cup of fresh bread crumbs 3 Table spoons of mayonnaise
A pound of lump crab meat
2 tablespoons of melted butter
Grated cheese, a quarter cup
Finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons of lemon juice, must be fresh
1 tablespoon of old bay seasoning
1) To start off, cover the crab meat in the fresh lemon juice and place in the refrigerator
2) You are then to saute the finely chopped onions in the heated butter, the use of a shallow pan is more preferred. When the onions turn limp remove them from the pan and place on a bowl
3) Beat the egg and mix it together with the old bay seasoning and mayonnaise, at this point you also add in other spices of your choice such as garlic and cayenne paper to bring out the desired flavor and mix them contents up.
4) You are also to add the onions to the mixture
5) Add the lump crab meat in to the mixture breaking it in to smaller pieces with the help of your hands
6) Grease a baking sheet and use a quarter measuring cup to scoop up a portion of the mixture including the crab meat, you can use your hands to mould the mound to shape and flatten the surfaces, preferably flatten them to a thickness of ? each.
7) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes when uncovered Serve with tartar sauce on a bed of lettuce for garnish, still you are free to play around with colors and bring some fun to the table; don’t be afraid to try something new.
Avoid handling too much of the mixture or the crab cakes will fall apart when handling them. Always thaw the lump crab meat in the refrigerator for 24 hours before preparation. The best serving suggestions are squeezed lemon, tartar sauce, or mustard sauce, whichever works best for you.
So whether you are looking to make something special for mother’s day or a more seasoned occasion, you can always trust on this baked lump crab cake recipe. However, be sure to use the right measures if you want to savor the taste and tease your taste buds with the slight tinge of old bay seasoning and onions. Lastly, you want to start off on the right foot, make sure you pick fresh lump crab meat at the stores preferably thawed.And there you have it, making a delicious meal for your loved ones doesn’t have to be all that hard, you only need the right recipe to keep them asking for more.